Welcome to CIS 779: Information Systems Security
Instructor: Susan Lincke, PhD CISA
Email: Susan.Lincke at uwp.edu
Office Hours: Tues/Thurs. 3:30-5:30 PM; Wed. 3:30-4:30 PM; or by appt.
Office Location: MOLN 255
Class Hours: Tues. 6:30-9:20 PM
Class Location: Moln D114
Quizzes are due weekly, one week after lecture.
- Tues. Jan 31: First class
- Tues. March 7: Homework 1 due
- Tues. March 14: Exam 1 taken in Moln 218
- Fri. March 17: Last day to drop
- March 19-25: March Break - No Class
- Tues. March 28: Homework 2 due
- Tues. May 2: Homework 3 and Final Requirements Document due
- Tues. May 9: 5:45 PM Final Exam taken in Moln 218
Lecture Notes (MS Word)
Case Study Project Info
Cases to do as Project Homework
Here is a list of the Case Study sections that you should prepare. Your first job is to read the Health First Requirements Document to learn about the proposed database.
The homework description and text for the cases can be found in the Health First Case Study. Some sections consist only of the 'Optional' section at the end of a case study; we may do the non-optional section in class.
The cases (or chapters) to complete in the Health First Case Study include:
Assignment 1: Due March 7
- Chapter 6. HIPAA: Including Privacy Rule Adherence to Requirements Document, including Optional: Implementing Minimum Necessary (Both the case and the Optional assignment). Develop the appropriate form for the computerized data base. Then do both the UML Use Case Description for the Requirements Document and the Test Plan described in the Agile section.
Assignment 2: Due March 28
This assignment is a UML-only option.
- Chapter 18. Software Requirements: Extending UML with MisUse Cases (The case)
- Chapter 20. Developing a MisUse Deployment Diagram (The case)
Assignment 3: Due May 2
For this homework you must do a prototype (forms). If you are doing UML, do Use Case Descriptions. For Agile, develop test cases.
- Chapter 13. Planning for Incident Response: Optional Section: Software Design for Incident Detection (do only the Optional extension)
- Chapter 14. Optional Section: Designing Metrics for the Requirements Document. (Do just the optional extension)
- Chapter 19. Application Controls: Extending Requirements Preparation by Planning for HIPAA Security Rule with Optional Section extension.
Other Course Information