Welcome to CIS 779: Information Systems Security
Instructor: Susan Lincke, PhD CISA
Email: Susan.Lincke at uwp.edu
Office Hours: Tues, Thurs. 5-6 PM; Wed 1-4 PM; or by appt.
Office Phone: (262) 595-2129
Office Location: MOLN 255
Class Hours: Wed. 6-8:50 PM
Class Location: Moln D114
Quizzes are due weekly, one week after lecture.
- Wed. Feb 5: First class
- Wed. Feb 26: Requirements Document Assignment 1 due.
- Wed. March 12: Exam 1
- Wed. March 19: Req. Doc. Assignment 1 resubmission due.
- Wed. April 2: Req. Doc. Assignment 2-3 due.
- March 24-29: March Break - No Class
- Wed. May 7: Requirements Document due: 4-6 due.
- Wed. May 14: 5:45 PM Final Exam
Lecture Notes (MS Word)
Case Study Project Info
Cases to do as Project Homework
Here is a list of the Case Study sections that you should prepare within the Health First Requirements Document.
The homework description and text for the cases can be found in the Health First Case Study. Some sections consist only of the 'Optional' section at the end of a case study; we may do the non-optional section in class.
Please put your answers directly into the Requirements Document. For new use cases, include a form and a Use Case Description. Submit your work as a PDF into the D2L dropbox.
The cases (or chapters) to complete in the Health First Case Study include:
- 5. Fraud: Combating Social Engineering: Optional: Computerizing the Disclosure Forms (only the Extension)
- 6. HIPAA: Including Privacy Rule Adherence to Requirements Document, including Optional: Implementing Minimum Necessary (Both the case and the Extension)
- 19. Application Controls: Extending Requirements Preparation by Planning for HIPAA Security Rule (The case)
- 18. Software Requirements: Extending UML with MisUse Cases (The case)
- 12. Planning for Incident Response: Optional: Software Design for Incident Detection (only the Extension)
- 4. Update Requirements Document to Include Segregation of Duties (The case)